Saw it on youtube. You record 50 random things/people/whatever, why they are important in your life/how they changed you. I am lacking 1) The courage to show myself on youtube and 2)a decent camera. So it’s going here:
This song. Cause it gets me through a lot and often. My bestie sent it to me one day when I was having an absolutely crap day (Yeah Corey, smack me for saying ‘crap’ when you see me next) and I just broke down and bawled for a good 10 minutes or so. Since then, I can’t listen to it without getting a little misty eyed or whatever you call it
2) My bestie himself. And my other close friends. I love them all so much and they make my life amazing.
4) Stickie tabs/highlighters. They make my scriptures colorful and help me when I need an insta-inspire. It’s like…insta-coffee, but better.
5)My hometeachers. They’re coming over in 45 minutes and I’m excited. I love them both very much, they’re like grandpa-uncle-brother combinations all in one
6)Matisyahu. For days when I feel like both listening to spiritually uplifting music and dancing
7) My church family. I keep adding more into it. It’s big. I love them all. I wish I saw them daily. Cause I really like hugs.
8) My Bishop. He is one cool dude.
9) ORANGES! OH MY GURSH I’M ADDICTED TO THEM!
10) Juice. Specifically; apple juice.
11) My young women. They are all so inspiring to me. Although I almost ban-hammered one for saying she had a ‘crush’ (*in my head* ‘WHAAAAT?! YOU’RE 12!!! NO CRUSHES ALLOWED! YOU’RE TOO LITTLE AND CUTE! HAVE I MET HIM YET? NOT ALLOWED IF I DON’T APPROVE!’ Apparently, i would be a crazed and over-protective big sister. By the way Corey, please beat your younger sister out of this idea of a ‘crush’…But don’t tell your mom about it, for Cami’s sake XD.)
12) my mom. Cause, despite our battles on a rollercoaster, she’s superwoman. Which is cool.
13) bubble tea…Oh my nomnomnom. God must take the form of bobba, but uber bobba, cause He’s so amazing….He shall be called…Bo-Go.
14) My journal and all that is stuffed into it
15) Pres. Uchtdorf…Well, all of the first presidency. But especially him. His talks always make everything better
16) Optimism. Illogical, but it makes everything better.
17) Three piece suits. Guys+three piece suits=amazingly good looking. I mean, you can look good without a 3 piece suit, but in one it’s like ‘oh herro there!’ (which is literally my reaction)
18) Star Trek. Thinking it over, it was kinda a prep class for being Mormon. Besides that, it gives me something to dream about and lets my imagination run wild
20) my family. They may be a bunch of loons, but I’m somehow related to them
21) Guys who are nice. I’m privileged to know quite a few. There’s just something different from when one of my best girl friends says ‘Cass, you are amazing, don’t worry about it. You’re a beautiful person *insert more inspiration*’ and one of my guy friends saying it. But, WHY YOU GUYS ONLY NICE ON FACEBOOK?! I have a lot of friendships that are completely awkward in real life, but online, they’re fine. Very odd.
22) Stories about peoples lives. Brother Hatch just told me a fascinating story about his mission to Memphis, the gangs there and how his mother was in training to be a hitwoman. I love stories. I could read biographies endlessly.
23)sleep. I’m lacking it
24) clean room. I’m lacking that too
25) seminary. I’m skipping tomorrow. I’ll go wednesday I think. Unless I can squash madcat enough to wake up on tuesday >:D. But it means a lot to me. Even if I don’t participate fully and be as insightful as I usually am.
26) Purple….I like purple, deep, rich purple
27) Dresses, skirts and pretty shirts. I love dressing fancy…OMG!!!FOR GRAD, I WANT ELBOW LENGTH BLACK GLOVES!!!…Wait, that might not go well with my little jacket-for-modesty thing…Unless I find me a shawl.
28) my hair. We may have our ups and downs, but i love it.
29) Curling iron. Is to hair as whip is to donkey
30) Hair spray….Lots and lots
31) PERFUME ZOMG!!! I LIKE TO STANK PRETTY! EVEN IF IT’S JUST FOR ME!!
32) Hugs. They make me warm inside
33) Cadbury fruit ‘n nut chocolate bars….^^
34) Mo-Tab. Sundays=epically awesome when I listen to Mo-tab.
35) Leonard Cohen. While others hear depressed, melancholy lyrics, I hear fundamental principals contained in life and the world. And it kicks start the ramble factor in my brain. It’s fantastic. Like
, it’s brilliant. How can you not love that? Yeah yeah, kinda bad. But that is Cohen. He just brushes over being bad and that is fantastic. Not like music nowadays where it’s just explicitly bad. He knows the bad is there, he acknowledges it, but he does not obsess over it and he melds it into his larger picture of beauty. Because the human is flawed with bad, yet it is still beautiful, and in your appreciation of the beauty, sometimes you have to accept the flaws of it within.
36) My other Leonard, Nimoy. Insightful, inspiring, attractive during his Star Trek hey-days, his photography is amazing and gives me hope.
We’re having a love/hate relationship. They bring back good memories, but those memories make me sad because things have changed so much and I’m not sure if there will ever be a time where we’re back at the point of making memories as awesome as those and that scares me.
38) songs that are so beautiful they make me cry
39) meditation. I don’t do it as often as I should cause I get distracted VERY easily. But it’s like…Prayer, without words. Like holding hands with someone but not speaking. It’s just…good. What’s even better is having someone else speaking and going into a meditative state (ie. blessings, meditative CDs, etc)
40) Hunger. I find it to be a fascinating feeling
41) bread…oh my gursh I love bread. I’m sure if I forsake bread, I’d be thinner-ish. But fresh bread is my downfall *is currently eating a fresh bun*
42) Space. It’s basically my favourite thing. Ever. It’s spectacularly amazing
The idea that ‘everything will be alright’…I’m putting a lot of trust in that and if it’s not, I dunno what I’ll do. Something tells me everything will be alright, but still, it’s a crazy notion to assume.
44) Walking through Summer Thunderstorms, rainbows and epic sunlight included. Or late night ones at about 1am in unity and walking barefoot to the otherside of town and back again. I feel like a Hobbit. I also enjoy imagining what type of person would or will one day join m on those walks
45) Riding horses. It’s something I’ve loved since…Forever.
46) A good book, a dog, hot chocolate, a cold rainstorm outside and a big puffy blanket. With some Leonard Cohen for good measure.
47) That feeling when I’m laying around aimlessly and then the sun shines really nicely and I realize ‘hey, it’s nice outside. I’m wasting my life in here. I need to get out.’ But there’s nothing I can do really by myself because I’m alone, with limited funds and transportation, so instead I go for a walk and examine little things I don’t normally pick up on. Or go sit in the park and people watch.
48) Art. I’m not exceptionally good at it, I want to learn more but I again lack funds. Still, I enjoy what I can do. It calms me and gives me a great sense of pride when I finish something
49) Those moments when I can say ‘Laus Deus’ because everything is just so amazing.
50) God…Nuff said
There. exceptionally random, but I enjoyed it